Friday, 20 December 2013

The Final Push

Well, I've finally got a final push happening in the build of "Thor's Hammer".

A lot has been happening with my prepping the engine and bike for paint. I'll let the pictures and brief descriptions do the talking.

Getting the engine parts ready for blasting, and getting the heads re-built

Shaving the fins on the head and barrels prior to blasting

The re-built head and blasted parts on their way home

Matching castings

Filling in the Yamaha logo

 Re-built crank ready for install

Repaired a broken fin from before I grabbed the bike. Used a fin I cut off a spare head.

 Black zinc coated parts (this is only a small example of what was coated)

Black ceramic coated headers and pipes

Colour choices for the tin work

 Prepping the guards and tank for paint (helping hand from Thomas, a fellow Sydney Cafe Racer member)

Tank lined

Chassis prepped ready for final welding of tabs and paint
Wrinkle black finish is being applied to the first of the engine parts. The whole engine will be done this way.