Sunday 8 January 2012

Stay put!

After test fitting my 7 Metal West ribbed front fender on both Harley Sportster and the original XS650 fender stays, it was clear that I needed to construct my own to minimise the clearance between the top of the tyre and fender.

One of the challenges that I faced was that the ribbed fender didn't have the same radius as my 19" wheel and Firestone tyre combo. I decided that trying to position the fender so that the gap was smaller at the front than at the rear duck tail would be the best compromise.

Having a front fender is another strict regulation enforced within Australia, which is why I have to run one whether it looks good or not!

The pics below show the trial mock up, with my still needing to radius the sharp edges.







No comments:

Post a Comment